Submit Your Screenplay or Teleplay
You can’t win if you don’t enter
GOT A SCRIPT AND/OR A FILM FOR A DIGITAL SERIES?
This competition will accept both filmed and written submissions in an effort to find talented voices who can adapt their vision to emerging digital platforms. For more information and to enter your script and/or film:
Want more extensive feedback? Try our Coverage Program!
Yes, with every submission to the Screenplay Competition you will receive FREE reader comments. These are a brief, overall summary of what one reader thought of your work. But if they leave you wanting more, our Coverage Program guarantees at least four (and up to ten) pages of in depth feedback on every aspect of your script.
Please note the following:
- Before proceeding with the online form, please make sure your script adheres to all rules and formatting.
- If you have problems using the online submission form, please try using another browser and make sure you are allowing pop-ups.
- After you submit, you’ll be redirected to PayPal to pay the entry feee. If you’re not redirected, please scroll up. (The payment button will appear at the top of the entry form.)
- Once submitted, no revisions will be accepted.
- When you click submit on this form, you’ll be automatically added to our newsletter as notifications are sent through this system. You can opt out at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the newsletter.
Using a mobile or tablet to submit online?
FYI – Our online forms are easier to use on desktops and larger browsers.
Early Deadline: March 31
Reg. Deadline: April 20
Late Deadline: May 15
After you’ve entered, be sure to tell your friends! Click here to post on Twitter.
Austin scripts are read and judged by top Hollywood screenwriters – professionals who appreciate good storytelling. There is nothing hollow about a win in Austin.”
– Brian Weakland, 2013 Drama Screenplay Winner
Step one in your screenwriting career: submit your script. CHECK! Step two: join us in Austin in October and let us put you in a room with the writers you admire most, and throw you a party to mingle with the folks you can’t get meetings with anywhere else. How? Buy your badge now before prices go up on June 1!
Don’t see where to pay? Scroll up! (You must first have clicked “Submit” on the entry form)
*Submissions will only be processed when the online form and payment have been submitted in the same session.
Submissions are not received until payment has been processed. Once you have paid via PayPal and have your PayPal receipt, your submission is complete. Due to high volume of submissions, a separate email confirmation from Austin Film Festival may not be received immediately, and will be sent within five business days.
SUBMIT BY MAIL
Return your signed, completed entry form, along with your entry fee and other required materials.
Austin Film Festival
1801 Salina Street
Austin, TX 78702
Please include a self-addressed, stamped postcard for each submission if you would like acknowledgement of the receipt of your entry.