Submit Your Play
you can’t win if you don’t enter
Please note the following:
- Before proceeding with the online form, please make sure your play adheres to all rules and formatting.
- If you have problems using the online submission form, please try using another browser and make sure you are allowing pop-ups.
- After you submit, you’ll be redirected to PayPal to pay the entry feee. If you’re not redirected, please scroll up. (The payment button will appear at the top of the entry form.)
- Once submitted, no revisions will be accepted.
Using a mobile or tablet to submit online?
FYI – Our online forms are easier to use on desktops and larger browsers.
Late Deadline: May 15
Austin scripts are read and judged by top Hollywood screenwriters – professionals who appreciate good storytelling. There is nothing hollow about a win in Austin.”
– Brian Weakland, 2013 Drama Screenplay Winner
Step one in your playwright career: submit your script. CHECK! Step two: join us in Austin in October and let us put you in a room with the writers you admire most, and throw you a party to mingle with the folks you can’t get meetings with anywhere else. How? Buy your badge now before prices go up on June 1!
Don’t see where to pay? Scroll up! (You must first have clicked “Submit” on the entry form)
*Submissions will only be processed when the online form and payment have been submitted in the same session.
Submissions are not received until payment has been processed. Once you have paid via PayPal and have your PayPal receipt, your submission is complete. Due to high volume of submissions, a separate email confirmation from Austin Film Festival may not be received immediately, and will be sent within five business days.