AFF is happy to announce the new Capital Badge! Thank you to everyone who participated in the Twitter contest to help name the badge. There were several bold and creative choices leading to very engaging discussions amongst the AFF team to pick a winner. In the end, it was decided that the Capital Badge best represents the convergence of our festival and its wonderful host city. So a hearty congratulations to AJ DeSario for being the first person to propose the Capital Badge name.
The Capital Badge is the ideal choice for anyone wanting to take full advantage of a jam-packed weekend at the Austin Film Festival and Conference. In addition to the inclusive atmosphere that AFF is known for, where networking opportunities are as abundant as the bats at the Congress Street Bridge, the Capital Badge offers the following perks and benefits:
- Access to all panels, workshops, and roundtables Saturday, October 15th and Sunday, October 16th (over 60 sessions)
- Access to full film line-up, all eight days of the Festival, this October 13-20 (over 180 films, held all throughout the city of Austin)
- Access to the legendary AFF script readings (last year featured the unproduced teleplayGuess Who Died, written by Norman Lear)
- Ability to sign up for select advance sign-ups, exclusively offered to Capital Badges and up
- Entry into five (5) official AFF parties: AFF Wine Reception, Pitch Finale Party, Heart of Film Conference Party, Film Pass Party, and our brand new On Story Party on Sunday, October 16th!
- Access to the inaugural 2016 AFF Television Reunion on Sunday, October 16th (programming details to be released at later date)
As the namesake implies, The Capital Badge is also about our state’s capital: Austin! With the whole weekend at your disposal, take advantage of some of the many things that make our city so inviting and unique. Take a break between panels to eat some world class BBQ and Tex-Mex. Stretch your legs by hiking up Lady Bird Trail in the unbeatable October weather before catching a film at the historic Paramount Theatre. Catch the largest urban bat colony fly into the sunset in the evening before heading out to the Pitch Finale Party. Test your courage and take the chilling tour of the haunted Driskill Hotel, followed by a chilled margarita in the equally infamous Driskill Bar with all your favorite screenwriters.