Wednesday, May 9th, Austin Film Festival and Texas Film Commission will present a special retrospective screening of the 1991 cult thriller, TOY SOLDERS, with writer/director Daniel Petrie, Jr. in attendance. For more about the event, visit the event page.
In anticipation of the screening, we’ve created the Daniel Petrie, Jr. Trivia Game! We will play the game at the screening, and audience members will have a chance to win a number of prizes, including a Lone Star Badge or several pairs of Film Passes to the 2012 Austin Film Festival, AFF merchandise, and more!
To give you a leg up – we’ve posted the questions below. Come to the screening prepared with your answers and you might be one of the lucky winners!
- 1. Petrie is the former president of what organization?
- 2. Name the production company co-founded by Petrie in 2006 “with an old-fashioned emphasis on storytelling.”
- 3. True or False: Petrie is credited as the writer, director, and producer of TOY SOLDIERS.
- 4. Daniel Petrie Jr. was nominated for Best Original Screenplay at the Oscars®. In what year and for what screenplay was he recognized?
- 5. For what non-profit has Petrie been an active supporter and volunteer since 1997?
- 6. Petrie was the host at whose memorial service this past weekend?
- 7. What was the estimated revenue that the production of TOY SOLDIERS brought to the city of San Antonio?
- 8. Into what city was part of San Antonio transformed for the production of TOY SOLDIERS?
- 9. Each year at Austin Film Festival, Daniel Petrie Jr. hosts the panel “A Shot of Inspiration with Daniel Petrie, Jr.” What is Petrie’s shot of choice?
- Bonus: What is the name of the stunt woman who was thrown out of the third-story window of the downtown San Antonio post office during the filming of TOY SOLDIERS?