Virtual Festival Support Guide
Wednesday, October 20th – 12:00pm – 11:00 pm
Thursday, October 21st – 8:00 am – 11:00 pm – Event Begins!
Friday, October 22nd – 8:00 am – 11:00 pm
Saturday, October 23rd – 8:00 am – 9:00 pm
Sunday, October 24th – 10:00 am – 9:00 pm
Monday, October 25th – 12:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Tuesday, October 26th – 12:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Wednesday, October 27th – 12:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Thursday October 28th – 12:00 pm – 9:00 pm – Final Day of Event
Below is our 28th Austin Film Festival & Conference Virtual Festival Guide. It is our mission to ensure a smooth and seamless virtual experience for our registrants. Each link below is the key to best-ing this fest! We encourage you to review all topics or if you know exactly what you need, we have the topics broken down for faster solutions.
Thank you for joining us and let’s enjoy the show!
WHERE CAN I FIND THE FESTIVAL SCHEDULE?
- You can view our Festival schedule here. The Virtual events are mixed in with the Live events so please look out for those with the Virtual Event or Virtual Screening label.
- Scheduled times are subject to change. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for the most current updates and announcements.
WHICH PLATFORMS ARE WE USING?
- Eventive for viewing Panels, Films, and Q&As – we will send you a digital invitation to your inbox to set up an account (this should be in your inbox the week before our Virtual Festival)
- Zoom for Driskill Bar sessions – we will send a digital invitation to your inbox
- Discord for informal networking and conversation during the Festival — you can join using this guide: Meet Discord – AFF’s Virtual Networking Hub
ALL of our screenings are available through the Eventive website on your personal computer.
Some screenings will be available to view on mobile and TV apps.
WHAT DOES THE VIRTUAL FESTIVAL INCLUDE?
- Access to 35+ on demand content from the Festival + virtual only sessions
- Access to 25+ virtual feature films
- Access to 55+ short films
- On Demand Filmmaker Q&As
- Virtual networking opportunities at the virtual Driskill Bar and Discord server
- Special virtual programming for Second Rounders, Semi Finalists, and 2021 Selected Filmmakers.
If you don’t already have a Virtual Badge or Producers Badge to access the Virtual Festival, you can purchase either of those here.
Individual Tickets to films will be available on the Eventive platform (available soon!) during the event.
Virtual Films will be available to stream until 1:59am CT on Thursday, October 28th.
Virtual Panels will be available to stream until 1:59am CT on Sunday, October 24th.
Once you’ve clicked “Watch Now” and the film or panel begins, you have 24 hours to view. You may pause, stop, and resume at any time during that 24-hour window.
CAN I BUY INDIVIDUAL TICKETS TO A FILM?
Yes! You can buy individual tickets for films at $10/each.
In order to purchase an individual ticket, please follow the steps below:
- Follow this link to see our Film schedule.
- Click on the film you’re interested in purchasing individual tickets for.
- Click the button “Pre-order now”.
- Follow the prompts to create a login and enter purchase information.
- You will receive a confirmation email and after it premieres, you can access the film for up to 24hrs after you select “watch now”. Lost track of your confirmation email? Go to eventive.org and enter the login information created when purchasing to view your content library.
MANAGING MY VIRTUAL BADGE
- You will receive your registration email from Eventive – this email and link will be your key to setting up your Festival account (you should receive this the week before the Festival).
- Click here to be directed to the Eventive website.
- Create a password for your Eventive account (please use the email address associated with your Austin Film Festival Virtual Badge or Producers Badge).
- Click “Menu” in the top left corner of your browser.
- Click “Schedule” in the menu bar.
- Join in to either the Film Festival or Conference by clicking “More Details” next to one of the events.
- This will take you to the event’s streaming page. From here you can click “pre-order” to add the selection to your Content Library. The content will be available on the date and time listed.
- From here, if you’d like to access the full Watch Catalog, click “Catalog” at the top of the page.
- Before your selection is added to your Content Library, you have the option to donate to Austin Film Festival. AFF is a 501(c)3 organization. Your donation is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by the law. Your support helps us to further the art and craft of filmmaking in our state.
- You will need to set up your account of Zoom and Discord through digital invites as well. Keep a close eye on your inbox.
You should have received a confirmation email from our Registration Team via a email@example.com email address with information about setting up your account. Check all folders for the Eventive email if it’s not in your primary inbox (even the spam folder!), and if you still can’t find the email, contact firstname.lastname@example.org so we can reissue the email!
SYSTEM & DEVICE REQUIREMENTS
Pro Tip: Check your systems and devices in advance before attending our virtual event are highly encouraged. This will give us time to assist you before the festival begins.You may start with TESTING YOUR DEVICE
Macs: You can watch content on Intel-based Macs running macOS 10.12 or higher.
PCs: You can watch content on PCs running Windows 7 or higher.
IPHONES & IPADS
You can watch content using Safari on iOS 11.2 or later.
You can watch content using Chrome on Android 6.0 or later.
To watch at home, you will need an up-to-date web browser. We recommend using one of the following browsers for the best viewing experience.
|Google Chrome||Mac/OSX, Windows, Android||69+|
|Mozilla Firefox||Mac/OSX, Windows||58+|
For any device, you will need a strong and stable internet connection. Check your internet speed by running a speed test. Here are the minimum speeds required for each playback quality:
|INTERNET SPEED||AVAILABLE PLAYBACK||QUALITY|
|1 Mbps||240p||Poor quality|
|2 Mbps||360p||Poor quality|
|4 Mbps||720p||Low quality|
|8 Mbps||1080p+||Standard quality|
WAYS TO WATCH ON YOUR TV
Below are some ways to try connecting your device to your TV. Keep in mind that the most foolproof way to watch films will be from a computer with the most up-to-date browser and operating system.
DIRECT CONNECTION: COMPUTER TO TV
We recommend testing out your planned setup before the festival begins on 12:00 pm CST on Thursday October 21, 2021. Here’s how to watch a program on our virtual platform.
One way to watch on your TV is by directly connecting your computer (or other devices) to your TV via HDMI cable. Here are guides on how to connect using a Mac and if using a PC. If your computer’s display doesn’t automatically appear on your television, you may need to have the computer manually detect the display; see instructions below.
Windows: Right-click on the desktop > Display Settings > Choose the “Multiple Displays” drop down box and select “Duplicate These Displays” > Click Apply
Macs: Apple Menu > System Preferences > Choose “Displays” panel > Hold ‘Option’ key to show the “Detect Displays” > Click on “Detect Displays” while holding down the ‘Option’ to use the function as intended.
APPLE TV APP*
*Available only for Apple TV models Generation 4 and higher.
- From your Apple TV device, launch the App Store.
- Search for the app Eventive TV and install the app. Here’s how to download apps from the App Store to your Apple TV.
- Once the app is installed, it will ask you for a code to connect to your Eventive account. On your computer, navigate to watch.eventive.org and log in at the upper right-hand corner.
- From the same menu in the upper right-hand corner, select TV app setup and enter the code from your Apple TV device.
- You must first unlock programs on your computer, tablet or smartphone to be able to watch them on your Apple TV
Open your Firestick or Fire TV app and navigate to the magnifying glass icon to search. Enter EVENTIVE TV in the search field and select EVENTIVE TV when it appears, next press the down button on your remote to navigate to “Apps and Games” where you will find the EVENTIVE TV app. You can also add the Eventive TV app to your Amazon Fire TV via the Amazon website by clicking here.
Select the app and install on your device. Once installed you will then see a 6 character code you will enter into your account settings at watch.eventive.org/tv
Once you have entered the code your Fire TV will show all of the content you have unlocked for viewing via another device such as a laptop or mobile device.
Basic Livestreams are currently not available via the Fire TV app. You can cast them from another device to your TV.
- From your computer, tablet or smartphone, add the Eventive channel to your TV by going here: https://my.roku.com/add/6MHHHM2
- Click OK when the BETA version pop-up comes up.
- Click Yes, add channel to add Eventive TV – BETA to your account.
- Check your TV to see if the Eventive app has been added. Select the app with your TV remote to bring up the Virtual Austin Film Festival.
- Once the app is installed, on your computer, tablet or smartphone, navigate to Virtual Austin Film Festival once we are closer to the festival and log in at the upper right-hand corner.
- You must first unlock programs on your computer, tablet or smartphone to be able to watch them on your Roku.
- Make sure your devices (iPhone, iPad, laptop, Apple TV or Smart TV) are connected to the same wifi network.
- Using the Safari browser on your Apple computer, iPhone or iPad, go to the AirPlay icon.
- Connect to your Apple TV by entering the code. Your device screen should appear as a mirror on your TV.
- If you are having audio sync issues when AirPlaying from your computer, try connecting from an iPhone or iPad.
- If you are trying to AirPlay to a Smart TV, you must first select the program you want to watch from your Apple device and then select the AirPlay button from within the Eventive player.
- Still having trouble? Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use AirPlay.
Stream directly from a tab in the Chrome internet browser to a TV connected to a Chromecast device from your Mac or PC computer. Note: At this time, Chromecast is not available to cast from Apple iOS devices, like the iPhone and iPad. Once your Chromecast is set up you can stream directly from your computer.
- On the video page, open the Chrome menu in the upper right corner of the window (or the View menu) and select Cast. Make sure the tab you want to be displayed is the one you are selecting to cast.
- Select your Chromecast source (consider selecting Chrome tab) and your Chromecast destination. Chromecast will then be connected and video will be playing on your TV.
- To disconnect from Chromecast, click the blue Stop icon next to your casting destination.
- If there are any issues with the Chromecast stream, try setting the video to a lower quality.
- Still having trouble? Here’s a guide on how to use Chromecast from your computer.
Most of the films will be available to watch from anywhere in the world, but there are a select few that have geographic restrictions. Click on the film to see information regarding any geographic restrictions. For any films that additionally have time restrictions, keep in mind that all times are listed in Central Time (CT).
VIRTUAL LIVE STREAMED PANELS + Q&A’S
The Virtual Live Streamed Events will not be available to watch from the Apple TV or Roku apps. In order to participate in the Q&A during a live event, you will need to watch from a computer to use the chat feature within the player. You can also watch live streamed events from a tablet or smartphone, however, these devices will have limited functionality in the chat.
VIRTUAL DRISKILL BAR
This year we’re bringing the spirit of the Driskill Bar right to your couch. Join us virtually at the Driskill Bar for a chance to meet fellow screenwriters from all over the world. Register now, so you don’t miss out on this Limited Capacity networking opportunity.
HOW IT WORKS:
You must have a Virtual Badge or Producers Badge to get in. You can select one or both nights to meet other scribes and share tips, ideas, woes, joys, and possible collaboration possibilities hosted by some of our favorite panelists. Visit our sign-up page to reserve your spot at the bar!
All participants must follow AFF’s Code Of Conduct guidelines.
PLAYBACK TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE
LAGGING VIDEO & AUDIO
Here’s a list of solutions for various devices that should help fix playback issues.
- Make sure you have a fast and stable internet connection. You can check your internet speed here. Standard quality for playback requires at least 8 Mbps.
- If you are using AirPlay, try connecting from an iPhone or iPad rather than a laptop.
- If you are using Chromecast, make sure your device and Chromecast are on the same wifi network.
- Restart your computer or device, and TV.
- Reboot your internet modem and/or wireless router.
- Connect to your router via ethernet.
- Log out of Eventive and then log back in.
PROBLEMS STREAMING ON/FROM YOUR COMPUTER
- Confirm that you are not on a VPN (Virtual Private Network). Eventive’s content protection protocol does not allow VPN access.
- Are you logged into the correct account? Please check your login status at the upper right-hand corner of the Eventive window. If you are logged in, you will see a circle with the initials of the account holder.
- Try clearing your browser’s cache and restarting it. Please also make sure you are using the latest, up to date version of a supported browser (listed above).
- Disable any ad-blocking software, browser extensions and/or plugins + add ons as some of these are known to interfere with website functionality. Once done, close and reopen your browser and try visiting our website again.
- If you are plugged into your TV via HDMI connection, try unplugging and replugging in the HDMI cable.
- Restart your wireless router or modem. Power it off, then wait 20 seconds and turn back on.
I have not received a confirmation email from Eventive. How do I access the festival?
Eventive automatically emails your pass confirmation to your email associated with your Austin Film Festival Badge. If you did not receive it, please check your email spam folder. If the email is not in your spam folder and are still are having trouble, you may contact us at: email@example.com
Are films rated?
Our films are not yet rated. Pay special attention to film descriptions; some content may not be appropriate for everyone in your household. Check out the program book for family friendly content.
Can I watch films at any time or are they scheduled?
Most of the films will be available to watch at your leisure from Thursday October 21st through Thursday October 28th, but there are a select few that have date and/or time restrictions. Click on the film to see information regarding the screening schedule and any restrictions.
Can I watch virtual live events from the Apple TV app?
Live events will not be available to watch from the Apple TV app. In order to participate in the Q&A during a live event, you will need to watch from a computer to use the chat feature within the player. You can also watch live events from a tablet or smartphone, however, these devices will have limited functionality in the chat.
Can I share my login or account information?
No. We do not allow login information to be shared. You can not be logged in two locations at the same time. Additionally, we only allow one unlock/view per film per badge. If you would like to invite a friend or family member to watch a program, please encourage them to purchase a badge or buy a one-time screening ticket for $10.
Do the films have closed captioning?
Closed Captions will be available on select films. We recommend that all Apple users use Safari. Closed Captions are not currently available on Apple TV or Roku.
Does my web browser affect streaming?
We have had success streaming with the browsers listed above. If you are trying to access a film program and receive an error message, clear your browser history, then close and restart your browser.
Why does the image quality of the films change sometimes?
The quality of the image depends on a few factors:
- Your internet speed. The player will auto-adjust to your internet speed. Your internet speed may change periodically based on how many other users are on your home network, the time of day, etc.
- The quality of the image depends on the quality of the source we receive. Please consider that we always use the best available material.
How do I adjust the volume on the web player?
- Hover the cursor over the video you are currently watching to make the video controls visible.
- On the bottom left, the sound icon controls the volume.
- To control how high or low the volume is, hover the cursor over the volume bar and click the left side to lower the volume or the right side to raise the volume
I don’t remember my password. What should I do?
Can I watch films outside of the US?
Most of the films will be available to watch from anywhere in the world, but there are a select few that have geographic restrictions. Click on the film to see information regarding any restrictions. For any films with additional time restrictions, keep in mind that all times are listed in CST.
Where can I find the virtual festival schedule?
Can I watch a film more than once?
Once you click ’Play’ on a film program, you have a minimum of 48 hours to enjoy the film. This is to prevent users from sharing login information. If you would like to invite a friend or family member to watch a program, please encourage them to purchase a pass or buy a one-time screening ticket for $10. After you’ve started watching a program, you will see an indication of how much time is left to finish the screening.
How do I purchase an individual ticket to a film?
Individual tickets will be available for purchase beginning at 9:00 a.m. on Thursday October 21st. You will be able to browse through all of the available programs. Purchase your ticket by selecting Unlock and then enter your email address to create an account. You will then be prompted to enter your credit card information to complete the purchase of your ticket.
I bought a film or program and now it's telling me to unlock it again. What do I do?
Please confirm that you are logged in with the same email address you used to purchase your pass. You can login using the login link at the upper right corner of the screen, or if you are not logged in at all you’ll be prompted to login after clicking “Unlock Now.”
I clicked on a film program but it will not play. Why?
You may have disrupted your connection. You will want to double check all equipment and connects before trying again.
More questions? Be sure to check out Eventive’s FAQ Guide.
WHO TO CONTACT
If you have further questions you may contact us via email at the addresses below. Our customer support staff is currently available Monday through Friday from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM CST. If you need assistance outside of these hours, send us an email and we will get back to you first thing in the morning.
- Pass Information & Account Access: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tech & Streaming Support: email@example.com
General Questions: Please review all sections of this Virtual Festival Event Guide & FAQ