Now this is a blog post all about how 90s pop culture can run this town, and I would like to take some minutes, just to check in, and tell you all about the fresh panels happening in Austin.
In downtown Austin is where you’ll go to play. In the Driskill is where you’ll spend most of your days. Chillin’ out max, and relaxin’ all cool and learning a lot of info like you were still in school. There are a lot of panels, and how do you choose, start reading this guide like it is the news. You may feel overwhelmed but don’t get scared, the conference is filled with wonderful ‘90s fair.
Thursday, October 13th
- 11:30 AM – Opening Remarks: There isn’t anything specifically 90s about the opening session, but you should go. Connect with today before you go back in time for the rest of the weekend!
- 1:00 PM – Script-to-Screen: Little Women: Begin your conference panels with a classic.Ease into the conference with a novel to film adaptation.
- 2:45 PM – The Script that Shagged Me: A Conversation with Michael McCullers: While the Austin Powers films are all about the 70s, the films are soooo the 90s.
Friday, October 14th
- 9:00 AM – The Mister Behind Sister, Sister and Kenan & Keel: A Conversation with Kim Bass: You were planning to miss a conversation with the King of 90s TV? As if! This is a major throwback panel which will have you wanting to watch all of your favorite old shows again (and drink orange soda).
- 10:45 AM – Live from New York: It’s Saturday Night Live Writers: All of the panelists worked on SNL during the 90s! Cut. It. Out!
- *1:15 PM – Script-to-Screen: Hook: You don’t want to grow up; that’s why you are reliving the 90s through this panel track! It is also the film’s 25th anniversary!
- *1:30 PM – A Conversation with Marta Kauffman: The 2016 Outstanding Television Writer: You listened to the King of 90s TV, now sit in with the Queen! Gather your conference friends and rush over to this panel!
- *You will have to decide between these two panels! I know, “nobody told me life was going to be this way.”
Saturday, October 15th
- 9:00 AM – The Herlihy Boy: A Conversation with Tim Herlihy: From SNL to blockbusters, Herlihy was writing comedies all throughout the 90s!
- 2:45 PM – A Conversation with Nancy Meyers: The 2016 Distinguished Screenwriter: What’s more 90s than The Parent Trap starring Lindsey Lohan? How about the woman who co-wrote and directed it? Get to this panel early before it fills up!
- 4:30 PM – The People, OJ, and the Man Behind the Curtain: A Conversation with Scott Alexander: This case was all over TV, again! Learn about the Emmy winning television series that explores the most riveting case of the 90s.
Sunday, October 16th
- 11:30 AM – There’s Something About Farrelly: A Conversation with Bobby Farrelly: It all began with Dumb & Dumber in ’94 and audiences are still laughing. Attend this panel for a great throwback and many great laughs!
- 1:15 PM – Legends of the Hidden Temple: The Legacy of the Legend: Every 90s kid wanted to climb the steps of knowledge. Now a new generation will learn the legend.
- 3:00 PM – Sequels and Reboots: A wave of reboots from the 80s are in the market, and hopefully the 90s are next!
So pull up to the Driskill when you’re ready for registration, plan out your schedule with this guide for no frustration. Head to a panel, you are finally in, enjoy the freshest conference in Austin.